Saturday, February 28, 2009

If you are going to do it, do it with JOY

Selfless Service is not translated as "doing exactly what you want to do so you are happy about it." Selfless Service is "being happy no matter what you are doing." In sanskrit this is translated at Seva. My loss for what to say next comes from my own reality in that I have had to make some shifts and changes in my life to re-focus my own priorities. In other words, I have to do some things I don't necessarily want to do in order to meet some immediate needs. The funny thing about all of this is that the work I do day to day I consider Seva, and now I am shifting to take care of myself financially and I am sad. My practice is to find the joy in all work, in all things and see all my work as bringing more light into the world. No matter what I am doing. It is all relevant and I have the choice to put JOY into whatever my job title may be.
Om Shanti

0 comments: