Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Lotus

I have read recently that tapas is the willingness to break free from the river of karma that seems to carry so many of us throughout our lives. We resign to the idea of fate, destiny and stop trying at some point or another to rise above challenge, to rise above resistance and find a higher truth that that which seems to the outcome of a situation.
The world is changing everyday. Sometimes it does feel like we are trapped in a current, that our habits, patterns and beliefs will tell the story of our life.....so predictably boring this is to me!

The story of the lotus flower is one that defies the current, but remains rooted all at the same time. The lotus comes up from the murk and muddy bottom of the river, stretching its face always towards the sun.
My beliefs as a yogi are rapidly changing and being shaped by those around me. I have come to understand a disturbing fact, that in ANY facet in life, even those that were designed to create union.... coming together and achieving true understanding, one that means both sides are open to change, is very, very difficult. I can respect the understanding of this fact but I will not lose hope that when both sides are willing, understanding can be achieved.

I am a yogi that lives in the world. I do this because it is God's will that the world needs people who are looking for ways to bring individuals together. This is not an ego driven statement, but one that I have known for a long time and have not said. I am grateful for this will that God has put in my life and I will continue to be an advocate for greater understanding.
Namaste

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful words. Thanks for the insight.