Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Opinion: Social Media... and Yoga

I am in love with social media. I can honestly say that since my first encounter with yoga, the world of service and my boyfriend, Carl... nothing has interested me more. It gives me the opportunity to connect with all sorts of people and to connect them with what I want them to know, what they want them to know or what I think they want to know or what I want them to think they want to know (get that?) whether that is another person, place, thing, product or service, article, video... you name it.
I have been reading a lot about why certain people are successful with social media and others are not. My opinion? You have to find the yoga of this new age marketing tool. You have this opportunity, an opportunity that is not available through other types of marketing such as print, radio or tv to create a one on one experience for your customers. Not every customer, but a very high percentage that someone else will probably figure out in the next 6 months. In other words, you create relationships. You genuinely connect. You care about the people you are sharing with and hope they can have all the peace in the world. That what you are providing to them is something that will help their lives be better. You are not selling. You are sharing.
Namaste.

1 comments:

Kim said...

great thoughts!! ..love it! <3